Excess stress can adversely affect your physical health
Manage your stress through our counselling and therapy services. Begin by selecting a therapist from our panel.
Consult Top Psychologists In Kolkata
Stress is a physical reaction that is triggered in your body when you are in a demanding situation. A little bit of stress is considered to be good for you as it keeps you on your toes and helps you meet challenges. But like they say, too much of anything is never good; a prolonged build-up of stress has adverse effects on your mood, your perspective, your capability to get work done, and has physical implications in the short, medium and long term
Some signs that you’re suffering from chronic stress are:
Our approach to manage stress
Life can be a struggle and is full of situations that test human strength and perseverance. People may be going through a difficult time at work, or having trouble with their partner, they may not be doing well in their studies and may be dealing with the loss of a loved one. There’s a saying that goes, “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times…” It goes to show that we must rise above the stressful times we are all facing.
People have different coping mechanisms to deal with stress; some listen to music, some isolate themselves, some talk with themselves or with someone they trust, some take a break from work or go on holiday. All of these are methods that help to a certain degree. However, to truly be a master of your stress response, it is always best to reach out to a Therapist that can help.
- The first thing to do is to accept that stress is a normal part of life.
- Stress counseling by using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, the Therapist would attempt to arrest unhealthy, negative thought patterns that hinder you from functioning properly.
- Your therapist may try to work on your communication skills, as the inability to communicate to someone that you are unable to deal with the overpowering sense of stress is exactly what is stopping you from getting better.
- Your stress counsellor may ask you to maintain a regular journal that will help in closing in on the triggers that cause stress to build up and then device ways in which you can approach those stressors.
- Your counsellor would strongly emphasise the need for cultivating supportive relationships and positive habits.
- Sometimes, certain exercises are also recommended as stress has a way of building up and being stored inside the body as well.
If you are constantly under stress, you run the risk of burning out. And at that point in time, you will neither be able to carry productive conversations, nor carry out your day to day tasks. Reach out to our team today to make your first appointment based on your convenient time.